- To unite, promote, represent and support the IOC Recognised International Sport Federations in reaching their objectives, co-ordinate their common interests and goals while preserving their autonomy, in a changing Sports Environment.
- To bring a strong voice from its Members in dialogue with the IOC and GAISF in order to support their objectives, to coordinate the sharing of knowledge and to service and educate its Members on current issues of the wider sports movement.
- Further improve the relationship with the key stakeholders of the Olympic Movement.
- Increase the services provided to ARISF Members, in cooperation with GAISF and the IOC, to assist them in meeting their objectives.
- Develop a sustainable operational and governance model to promote global best practices among the ARISF community.
ACTION PLAN TOWARDS THE STRATEGIC GOALS
1) Further improve the relationship with the key stakeholders of the Olympic Movement.
- Collaborate and clarify the recognition process with the IOC.
- Collaborate and clarify the pathway for ARISF Sports towards the Olympic Games and Youth Olympic Games, together with the IOC.
- Be more involved in the IOC Recognition Process.
- Be more involved in the IOC Development Support and Funding Process.
- Raise the importance of ARISF IF’s recognition with NOC’s and their regional bodies.
- Participate actively in the GAISF membership process.
2) Increase the services provided to ARISF Members, in cooperation with GAISF and the IOC, to assist them in meeting their objectives.
- Maintain and develop the annual ARISF-IOC workshop.
- Maintain and develop Anti-doping workshop.
- Raise topics within GAISF which are important for ARISF Members, and which might result in GAISF projects or initiatives.
- Support the implementation of GAISF initiatives.
- Facilitate the participation of ARISF IF’s in GAISF and other Multi-Sport Games.
- Increase visibility and information about ARISF and its members sports on the web and in social media.
- Help Members to add value in their activities and increase their go to market capability.
3) Develop a sustainable operational and governance model to promote global best practices among the ARISF community.
- Learn and share best practises within the ARISF Community.
- Organise targeted workshops for ARISF Members.
- Recommend applicable governance models and solutions for the ARISF IF’s based on the recommendations of the Good Governance Survey.
- Address the issue of Sustainability among our Members and develop best practice in this field.
The Sports World lives in constant change and will continue to do so. ARISF has to assist its Members “to manage the change, before the change manages them”.